KnitCompanion: An Introduction for Android Users
- Please note: this class is for those using Android (not Apple or iOS) devices.
There is a class for the Apple/iOS version Sunday from 1:00–2:30.
- Instructor: Marta Telkamp
- Time: Sunday, 3:00–4:00 (1 hour)
- Location: Classroom 2
- Class fee: $15
- Materials fee: None. A handout will be provided.
- Class size: min 1/max 15
- Skill level: No specific skills are required, but students should be comfortable navigating an Android smartphone or tablet. They should be able to download and install an app from the Google Play store.
KnitCompanion is a powerful app for people who knit, crochet, sew, or take part in any activity that uses patterns. Discover how you can save printer supplies; stop worrying about where you put your pattern, your counter, and your pen/pencil; and stop writing hash marks on your paper. You’ll never need to print a pattern again!
With KnitCompanion you can read your pattern, highlight, zoom in and out, track progress on charts using adjustable row/stitch markers and row/stitch counters (even linked counters—think “at the same time”!), and you can connect your Ravelry and Dropbox accounts. There is even support for mystery-alongs, so you can append pages to your project. Come along as we explore all the features available in the KnitCompanion app!
Students will learn to use KnitCompanion to upload pdf patterns, create projects, and track their progress using the sliding markers and simple counters; use project notes and timer; and link their Ravelry and Dropbox accounts to the app. Students will also receive a demo of the many additional options available with a low-cost paid subscription. By the end of class, students will have set up a project in KnitCompanion.
Participants should have an Android smartphone or tablet running Android 7.0 or higher and may wish to have paper and pen/pencil. Ravelry and Dropbox accounts are helpful but not required.