Hosted by Christi Knispel
A Fiber Sandwich is an assortment of donated fibers layered into a sandwich. The sandwich is then divided among a group of spinners for them to spin. It is an opportunity to showcase different fibers, demonstrate spinning skills, and help raise funds for NCFF.
- Up to 4 oz of fiber may be donated.
- Must be CLEAN.
- Can be carded or un-carded, roving or batts, dyed or natural colored.
- Natural fibers are preferred.
- NCFF reserves the right to reject any fiber that does not meet the requirements (e.g. not clean, more than 4 oz.)
- Fiber must be at the Fiber Sandwich table by 9:00 am on Sat., Sept. 15, 2018.
- Must supply your own carder (if wanted), spinning wheel and/or spindle.
- You are not required to wash the skein before the auction. Instructions will be provided to the winning bidder for how to set the twist.
- Fiber can be picked up after 11:00 am on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018.
- Completed skeins must be brought to the Information Booth for the silent auction by noon on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018.
- Auction runs from 12:00 pm to 3:45 pm on Sunday, Sept 16, 2018.
- Completed skeins and any leftover bags of fiber will be available during the auction.
- Proceeds from the auction will be used to support future NCFF events.