Hosted by Christi Knispel
A Fiber Sandwich is an assortment of donated fibers layered into a sandwich. The sandwich is then divided among a group of spinners for them to spin. It is an opportunity to showcase different fibers, demonstrate spinning skills and help raise funds for NCFF.
• Up to 4 oz of fiber may be donated.
• Must be CLEAN.
• Can be carded or un-carded, roving or batts, dyed or natural colored.
• Natural fibers are preferred.
• NCFF reserves the right to reject any fiber that does not meet the requirements (e.g. not clean, more than 4 oz.)
• Fiber must be at the Fiber Sandwich table by 9:00 am on Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017.
• Must supply your own carder (if wanted), spinning wheel and/or spindle.
• You are not required to wash the skein before the auction. Instructions will be provided to the winning bidder for how to set the twist.
• Fiber can be picked up after 11:00 am on Saturday, Sept. 23.
• Completed skeins must be brought to the Information Booth for the silent auction by noon, Sunday, Sept. 24, 2017.
• Runs from 12:00 pm to 3:45 pm on Sunday, Sept 24, 2017
• Completed skeins and any leftover bags of fiber will be available during the auction.
• Proceeds from the auction will be used to support future NCFF events.